Sports Betting Update
We’re as anxious to start offering sports betting as you are to start placing your bets! On May 11, 2021, the Kalispel Tribe reached a tentative agreement with the Washington State Gambling Commission to amend its Class III gaming compact to add sports wagering. This is a huge step forward in the process, but there are still several legal hoops to jump through before the first bet can be placed at the new Northern Quest Turf Club Sports Book – hopefully in September 2021.
Want all the details? The next steps in the state and federal approval process include:
· Legislative hearings in the Senate Labor, Commerce, Tribal Affairs and House Commerce and Gaming Committees.
· Possible compact amendment approval by the Gambling Commission at its June 10 meeting.
· If approved on June 10, the compact amendment will go to a signature process with the Kalispel Tribal Chairman and Governor Jay Inslee.
· Once signed by both parties, the amendment will be sent to the Secretary of the Department of Interior for consideration and publication in the Federal Register.
· Sports wagering cannot begin at Northern Quest until the compact amendment is published in the Federal Register.
In anticipation of approval, Northern Quest will begin revamping the Turf Club Lounge into a Sports Book in June. A viewing area will be added and wagering on all major sports (barring college teams located in Washington State), leagues and events will be available in person, on kiosks and on mobile devices while inside Northern Quest.
Be the first to know!
If you want to be one of the first to know when updates become available, sign up for email updates on sports wagering at Northern Quest. We bet you’ll love getting the inside scoop!